The good news for Window users is that, whatsapp has launched its application not only for Mac but also for Windows, Whatsapp Desktop Application. However, I personally feel it’s just a replica of browser application or web edition of whatsapp but still you will have now executable file which will open a new app on your desktop with Whatsapp icon.
Whenever we use Whatsapp on Android or iPhone, we have so many features, but here case is somewhat different. Because so many features are missing in Whatsapp Desktop Application. In later half, we would discuss about its missing features. But windows users would be happy by its existence only, forgetting about its missing features. So making them more happy, lets concentrate on how to Download Whatsapp Desktop Application.
DOWNLOAD WHATSAPP DESKTOP APPLICATION
- Navigate to https://www.whatsapp.com/download/ and download the application file for your windows or Mac system.
- Once desktop exe file is downloaded, it may take some time to complete installation of required supporting files and may ask to restart your windows computer/laptop too.
- Now, you may able to open whatsapp desktop app and first time it will ask you to scan QR code.
- Open whatsapp on your mobile device and from setting navigate to Whatsapp web
- Scan the QR code and same like whatsapp web, you can have your whatsapp with your desktop app.
This is how you can use Whatsapp on your desktop. You can easily download by above following steps and start using it on your desktop. Now lets discuss the difference between Whatsapp Desktop Application and Whatsapp Android Application. As informed earliers there are many missing features in Desktop Application.
- You cant create a Broadcast list on Whatsapp Desktop Application.
- Starred Messages cant be viewed in Whatsapp Desktop Application.
- There is no option for Media/ Messages Backup in Whatsapp Desktop Application.
- Most important missing feature in Whatsapp Desktop Application is Whatsapp Calling feature, which you gonna really miss.
- There is no feature of media download automatically. However this can be done manually.