When you plat Mega Million Lottery and you win some prize in the lottery, you have ample time of claiming the prize. Though you should claim millions soon. How and when it can be claimed, we will give you this information.
The different states have different rules. Let’s check.
How long do you have to claim Mega Millions
The maximum duration of claiming the mega million prize is 180 days. Though it varies from state to state. Time duration is long but when you have won, i recommend you to claim the prize as soon as possible.
About Mega Millions Prize
Mega Million Lottery is available online as well. The prizes are announced daily and if you win you should take immediate action to claim the prize.
There are nine ways a person can win the Mega Million lottery, ranging from the top prize down to the cost of their ticket:
- 5 numbers + gold Mega Ball match = Jackpot
- 5 numbers + no gold Mega Ball match = $1,000,000
- 4 numbers + gold Mega Ball match = $10,000
- 4 numbers + no gold Mega Ball match = $500
- 3 numbers + gold Mega Ball match = $200
- 3 numbers + no gold Mega Ball match = $10
- 2 numbers + gold ball match = $10
- 1 number + gold ball match = $4
- 0 numbers + gold ball match = $2
In many states, eligible tickets are sold until 15 minutes before the drawing takes place. The drawing for Mega Millions will occur at 11 p.m. EDT on Friday, so, if you live in an eligible state on the East Coast, you have to purchase your ticket by 10:45 p.m EDT. If you’re in Central Time Zone, that means 9:45 p.m. CDT. The West Coast should have their tickets in hand by 7:45 p.m PDT.